Thursday 20 June 2013

Yummy simple lunches

I've really been enjoying using Warburtons White Sandwich Thins to make some yummy quick lunches this week, so I thought I would share them with you. Firstly I made Caramelised Onion, Mushroom and Chicken Bruschetta.


Ingredients

A Warburtons White Sandwich Thin
Torn up strips of chicken breast (I used Tesco Everyday Value Chunky Chicken)
A handful of mushrooms
1/2 a red onion
A clove of garlic
Olive oil
Soy sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
Chicken Oxo

Chop up mushrooms, red onion and garlic. Fry red onions slowly on a low heat until soft. Add mushrooms to the pan, but keep separate from onion. Fry mushrooms until brown. Add a splash of Soy Sauce and  1/2 tsp of sugar to the onion. Add chicken breast and garlic. Toast Warbutons Thin. Pile chicken, mushroom and onion onto toasted sandwich thin. I had this with a little salad.


Next I made mini mozzarella and chorizo pizzas.

Ingredients

Warburtons White Sandwich Thin
Tomato Puree
Chorizo
Buffalo Mozzarella
Oregano.

Toast your sandwich thin. Squeeze on a little tomato puree. Add torn up bits of mozzarella and chopped up chorizo. Place under medium grill for a few minutes until cheese has melted and chorizo is sizzling. Dust with a little dry oregano.


I was really happy when I found these, as they are thin and precut, they are ideal for many different uses. I just love it when you find something simple and delicious. I also like to make my own version of the Nandos starter of red pepper dip with pitta bread. I toast the sandwich thins then cut them into strips. Chop up some tomatoes and red pepper into small pieces, put them into a small bowl and add either some Medium Nandos Peri-Peri sauce or some sweet chilli dipping sauce. Okay so I've made myself hungry now. Maybe my hubby will pick up a Nandos on the way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment