As I'm starting with some healthy eating and exercise to shift my pregnancy weight next week, I may have to find some healthy baking recipes. (Booooooo!) Or I may just have to have a little naughty treat every once in a while.
The only problem is that once I have had one, I end up eating lots. I can't see them lasting long in our house. I like to cut them into small squares, so they are in bite size pieces. They are perfect with a nice cuppa.
These would be a great little summer time treat - perfect for kids to make during the school holidays.
3 Mars Bars
75g butter (I used olive oil spread and didn't notice any difference)
75g rice krispies
175g chocolate ( I used Dairy Milk)
1. Melt Mars Bars and butter in a saucepan
2. Pour in Rice Krispies, and stir until fully combined with melted Mars Bars and butter.
3. Press into a tin with a cold spoon.
4. Melt the chocolate.
5. Pour onto Rice Krispies mixture, and smooth over with palette knife.
6. Leave in fridge to cool for at least an hour to set. (Okay so mine didn't make it until an hour before I had some. They were lovely and gooey though!)