Friday 11 October 2013

Family traditions...


As you know we are in the stressful process of moving home. I am longing to do crafts and baking, but unfortunately everything is packed in boxes, and moved into storage. As the lease is up on our rented property, but our house is not yet sorted, we have moved in with my parents for what we hope is only a few weeks. I have lots of plans for the decor of our new abode, but more importantly I am making plans for our new family life.

I want to live a simple life. I spent the majority of my twenties spending money on dresses, makeup, DVDs, etc. In my thirties, I have every intention of owning a 'capsule wardrobe', being as organised as IKEA intended, eating healthily, and being as prudent and thrifty as my father. More than all of this, what I want, for my new family home, is some wonderful memories and traditions.

With this in mind, I am now going to dedicate a section of my blog to family. I want to have everything from games that I can play with my son at every age to ideas for traditions to uphold every Christmas and birthday. What better way to save money and enjoy the simple things in life! I'm sure I will find a lot of wonderful ideas from the world of Pinterest, but if you would like to share some of your favourite traditions or games then please email myprettyyorkshirelife@hotmail.co.uk. I will credit you with your suggestions and provide a link through to your blog.

Lastly a huge well done to my husband who completed Chester Marathon at the weekend! We are so immensely proud of him!




2 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well for you in the move. Moving house is such a faff!

    Also, your little boy is so cute!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea. Good luck with the house move and well done to your husband!

    ReplyDelete