Tuesday 16 July 2013

Customising kitchenware

I thought I would share with you some of the quick customisations I made when I had a spare half an hour last week.

Chalkboard heart mug
Chalkboard heart mug

This was created using Pebeo black chalkboard paint for Porcelain and Pebeo porcelaine fine marker in anthracite black. I painted a chalkboard heart on the mug, so I can alter what I love each day over my morning brew.
Heart shaped cake plate
Heart shaped cake plate

I love to make tasty treats to greet my husband on his return from work (we'll see if this is kept up when I return to work!), so I created this little plate for my baked goods. Again using Pebeo porcelaine marker and heart shaped plate £1.49 from B&M. 

Salad dressing jar
Salad dressing jar

I always use some random jar to put my salad dressing concoctions in (I like to experiment with salad dressing), so I thought I would decorated one jar for this specific purpose. This was again using Pebeo porcelaine marker.

Once I had finished doodling, you let them dry for 24 hours then bake in the oven for 1/2 an hour at 150 ° C.

I've been a very busy crafting girl of late. Eventually I will be able to share some of the things I have been working on, but as most of my friends are turning the big 3-0 this year I'm busy organising and making gifts.  I did have a lovely relaxing weekend of doing very little at my sister's in Wales. As usual there was lots of yummy food and great company. She did a sterling job at getting me to eat some green veg - I was surprised how much I enjoyed her fresh summer salad (recipe here).

Hope you have had a lovely relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

  1. These are some really cute ideas!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Friend Birthday is Coming .Its a g rt idea to Gift a Coffee Mug and such a Nice Moment To Share with my Friend.

    Tableware & Kitchenware


    ReplyDelete